http://hapua.org/main/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Picture6.jpg 565 876 owner http://hapua.org/main/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/LogoHapua.png owner2017-03-02 16:14:032017-03-02 16:14:03MERALCO hosted the HAPUA WG 5 Program on Renewable Energy Project Development and Financing , 20-23 Feb 2017, Philippines
The program was participated by Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA) of Thailand, Electricite du Laos (EDL), EDL Gen of Laos and Tenaga Nasional Berhad of Malaysia
Participants were expose to the following areas during the 4 day program
- challenges and trend in RE Project Development in the Philippine environment;
- Understanding the contract structure and financial risks for different types of renewable projects including biomass, on-shore wind, off-shore wind, solar PV, solar thermal and geothermal.
- how to create resource analysis and financial models for renewable energy that incorporates resource risk, financing structure, tax treatments, alternative pricing policies and other factors.
- practical excel-based tools to analyze renewable energy project including resource analysis of biomass, wind, hydro and solar data.
- Measuring and evaluating changes in the risk of projects from development to construction to mature operation stages of the project and how equity returns and value change at different phases of a project’s life.
- Understanding and analyzing the implications of project finance features in the context of renewable energy (such as sculpting, debt funding, debt size, DSCR, DSRA, debt tenor, re-financing) on the levelised cost of energy and the equity returns from renewable energy.
- Developing efficient ways to quickly compute the levelized electricity cost of different technologies using carrying charge factors and alternative financial models; and evaluate recent cost trends in capital cost, operating cost and efficiency of renewable resource through studying financial condition of wind and solar suppliers over the past few years