Middle Managers of Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) had a benchmarking visit to Sarawak Energy Berhad, Malaysia from 6th until 10th March 2017.
This initiative is part of HAPUA (Heads of ASEAN Power Utilities/Authorities) Working Group No. 5 on Human Resource program and was organised by People & Leadership Development Department of Sarawak Energy Berhad. The objective of this benchmarking visit is mainly knowledge sharing in the following areas:
- Grid System Operation,
- Distribution Network Services
- Operation & Maintenance Hydro Power Plants
Twenty engineers from EVN National Power Transmission Corporation attended a 5 day training program Transmission Unmanned Substation from 17-21 April 2017 at Tenaga Nasional Berhad, Malaysia
Knowledge and skills in advanced technologies for managing transmission substation provides a competitive advantage and most likely to be of help to planners of transmission grids in responding to the challenges of the future. These issues have increased importance because of administrative complication and the fragmentation of public opinion expressed on the build-up of new infrastructure.
With phenomenal growth in the power to be transferred, it has become essential to transmit power with least interruptions and minimum losses with optimum number of transformations, to ensure least possible losses. These substations are the nerve centres of the transmission system by controlling and protecting the entire transmission network.
Of late, the regulators are also enforcing higher performance standards for transmission utilities to comply with. Penal provisions for non-compliance are in the offing. Efficient and economical design, erection and operation and maintenance procedures of substations without any compromise become paramount in providing reliable supply besides prolonging the life of equipment.
Meeting this changing scenario requires special skills on the part of the professionals of the transmission sector to handle the system efficiently and economically. This training programme is designed to provide a comprehensive knowledge and skills of planning, designing, operating and monitoring the system with advanced technology in mind.
The following topics were covered during the training:
- Overview of Transmission Grid Operation Philosophy
- Control Centre SCADA/Energy Management System (EMS)
- Transmission Substation Operation and Design
- Advance Technology – Online Monitoring System
- Advance Technology – Digital Substation & Substation Interrogation and Monitoring System
- Advance Technology – Active Network Management and Grid Automation
- Site visit to Conventional Transmission Substation or Network Control Centre (Depending on approval)
- Site visit to Digital Transmission Substation
Adityawarman Street 42 Kebayoran Baru,
Postal Code : 12160
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : (+62) 21 7261122 ext : 4126
Monday - Thursday : 7.30 - 16.00
Friday : 7.30 - 16.30
Saturday - Sunday : Closed
Our Lastest News
- The 1st Workshop of The ASEAN AGTP & ATSOFebruary 13, 2018 - 3:04 PM
- The HAPUA Council Members Joint Statement 2017September 14, 2017 - 1:29 PM
- 10 HAPUA Member Utilities Participated in Public Relations Management WorkshopSeptember 13, 2017 - 2:59 PM
- Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) Benchmarking Visit for Middle Managers to Sarawak Energy BerhadMay 3, 2017 - 5:42 PM
- UPCOMING : The AGTP&ATSO Workshop and HWG 3 Annual Meeting 2018March 10, 2018 - 9:43 AM
- PAST : The 6th Meeting of HAPUA Working Group 3 – Distribution and Power Quality & ReliabilityApril 18, 2017 - 3:23 PM
- HAPUA Working Group 5 Upcoming ProgramsMarch 7, 2017 - 10:03 AM
- HAPUA Working Group 1, APGCC, and HAPUA Working Committee MeetingOctober 12, 2016 - 7:53 AM