http://hapua.org/main/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/HC.jpg 578 991 owner http://hapua.org/main/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/LogoHapua.png owner2018-12-20 11:19:432019-07-04 09:12:06The HAPUA Council Members Joint Statement 2017
Emphasizing our commitment towards ASEAN energy security and economic community, the HAPUA Council is committed towards:
- Implementing the first phase of “Lao PDR-Thailand-Malaysia-Singapore (LTMS) Power Integration Project (PIP)” by January 2018, which will optimize the use of resources and promote economic cooperation on multilateral power interconnections and trading in the region;
- Pursuing the three (3) ASEAN Power Grid (APG) identified as priority projects under the APAEC 2016-2025 Phase I, in addition to the eight (8) projects already implemented, which will more than double the power exchange and purchase in the region from the current 5,200 MW to 10,800 MW by 2020, and further increase to over 16,000 MW post – 2020;
- Pursuing the development of a high level plan for the realization of multilateral power trading in the APG that covers three phases, including a comprehensive feasibility study, design and implementation, to deliver a fully operable multilateral power trading in ASEAN;
- Contributing to the reduction of carbon emission from primary energy by supporting the ASEAN target of achieving 23% of renewable energy mix by 2025 from the current level at about 11% (Total Primary Energy Supply, TPES), while maintaining system reliability and power quality;
- Enhancing power reliability and quality by modernizing the Grid system in ASEAN Member States, including utilizing Smart Grid technologies and providing technical and non-technical expertise, cooperation and human capital development.