PT PLN (Persero) hosted The 8th Meeting HAPUA Working Group No. 3 – Distribution and Power Quality & Reliability and Its Projects Meeting from 23-25 April 2019 at Bali Dynasty Resort, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia. This meeting attended by 8 ASEAN Countries. The purposes of this meeting is to monitor the progress of three Projects and formulated Working Group Plan of Action to be considered in the next HAPUA Working Committee.
Mr. Indradi Setiawan, Head of Maluku – Papua Regional Operation Division of PT PLN (Persero) as Focal Point HWG 3 Indonesia in his opening speech encouraged all of the participants to have an active and productive discussions, so that depth analysis and details can be produced for all issues for feasible solutions to the development of all HAPUA Member Countries.
Together with The 8th Meeting HAPUA Working Group No. 3 and Its Projects Meeting, in the same week there are also several HAPUA agenda that be held in the same venue. The 13th Meeting of the HAPUA Working Group 1- Generation and Renewable Energy, attended by 8 ASEAN countries and The 3rd Workshop of the Feasibility Study for ASEAN Multilateral Power Trade attanded by 9 ASEAN countries.
We, the Heads of ASEAN Power Utilities/Authorities, reiterate our commitment to contribute to strengthening ASEAN energy security and enhancing capacity building in the region, while taking necessary actions to preserve the environment and address climate-related challenges. We are specifically committed to:
- In pursuit of the integration of the ASEAN Power Grid (APG) to support optimal use of resources and economic integration, conduct a review of the lessons learned from the Phase 1 of the Lao PDR–Thailand–Malaysia-Singapore Power Integration Project (LTMS PIP) and assess the implementation plans for Phase 2 to include Singapore as well as the Lao PDR-Thailand-Myanmar power integration project;
- Towards establishing the market mechanism, institutions and interconnection infrastructure needed to advance multilateral electricity trade, complete the Feasibility Study for ASEAN Multilateral Power Trade in 2019 and synergise with the two other major APG studies, namely the studies on the ASEAN Power Grid Generation and Transmission System Planning Institution (AGTP) and the ASEAN Power Grid Transmission System Operator Institution (ATSO) as well as the ASEAN Interconnection Master Plan Study (AIMS III);
- Contribute to the achievement of the ASEAN renewable energy (RE) target of 23% by 2025, by among others examining the flexibility of the generation, transmission and distribution systems to respond to the increasing scale of RE penetration and strengthening programs on energy efficiency and conservation as well as exploring ways to deploy smart grid and digitisation technologies;
- Address the challenges to the utility industry arising from the convergence of power and telecommunications by embarking on technical, commercial and safety studies on the use of existing fiber optics in the power systems for telecommunications; and,
- Continue to enhance the competency of ASEAN Member States on the efficient production, delivery and consumption of electricity through collaborative trainings and providing avenues to share expertise and best practices.
Trunojoyo Street 135
Blok M Kebayoran Baru,
Postal Code : 12160
Email : email@example.com
Phone : (+62) 21 7261122 ext : 4126
Monday - Thursday : 7.30 - 16.00
Friday : 7.30 - 16.30
Saturday - Sunday : Closed
Our Lastest News
- HAPUA WG5 Workshop on Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) – Smart MetersJanuary 18, 2019 - 10:56 AM
- HAPUA WG5 Workshop on Implementing RCM AnalysisJanuary 18, 2019 - 10:29 AM
- The 1st Workshop of The ASEAN AGTP & ATSOFebruary 13, 2018 - 3:04 PM
- 10 HAPUA Member Utilities Participated in Public Relations Management WorkshopSeptember 13, 2017 - 2:59 PM
- Webinar Series IGNITION #14 Crisis Management – Sharing of Experience/ lnitiatives of the COVID 19 Pandemic by HAPUA / JEPICMarch 29, 2021 - 9:37 AM
- The 1st HAPUA Webinar Series 2021: Road to AMI ImplementationFebruary 5, 2021 - 4:51 PM
- RECENTS: ASEAN POWER SYSTEM OPERATORS WORKSHOP 2019 : Variable Renewable Energy (VRE) Source IntegrationSeptember 30, 2019 - 10:29 AM
- HAPUA Working Group 5 Brenchmark Class : Culture Leap Program 2019September 25, 2019 - 9:47 AM